Positive spine surgery outcomes seen daily at Laser Spine Institute in St. Louis
You want to find the best pain relief options available — to support the way you want to live. When it comes to finding the perfect surgical option, however, all spine treatment options are not created equal. Before you book your appointment for traditional open neck or back surgery, it is important that you learn all you can about the risks and benefits associated with specific procedures.
Traditional open neck or back surgery is typically performed in a hospital setting in a highly invasive manner. Surgery often requires a large incision and months of postoperative recovery. It is possible to avoid these drawbacks, however. If you are experiencing neck or back pain due to a spine condition, you may be a candidate for one of the minimally invasive treatment options available at Laser Spine Institute.
Benefits of minimally invasive procedures
With decades of combined experience in advanced techniques, our surgeons are helping thousands of patients each year with minimally invasive spine surgery — a safer and effective alternative to traditional open neck and back surgery.^
Minimally invasive spine surgery offers you a number of benefits over traditional surgery, including the following:
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Uses a small incision
- Uses muscle-sparing techniques in which muscles are moved aside as opposed to being cut or torn
- Less surgical blood loss
- You may be up and walking within several hours after surgery
- Reduced risk of infection (0.55 percent infection rate^, as opposed to the up to 16 percent infection rate of traditional surgery)
- Laser Spine Institute has a 98 patient satisfaction score^
At Laser Spine Institute, our surgeons specialize exclusively in outpatient minimally invasive spine surgery. In fact, our surgeons perform thousands of procedures each year, which helps to establish us as the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery. Having performed more than 75,000 procedures since 2005, you can rest assured that the care you receive is of the best available in health care.
A recent study reviewed the results of our minimally invasive spine surgery procedures over a long period of time. Researchers found the following:
- A large percentage of our patients find relief immediately postoperatively and experience long-lasting pain relief
- 98 out of 100 of our patients would recommend Laser Spine Institute to friends or family members
- 81 percent of patients return to work within three months after surgery
We understand how hard it can be to live with chronic pain. At Laser Spine Institute, we are committed to only performing procedures that will help you get back to the life you love — sooner.